airport shopping: beauty products
In my shopping bag,T-B:
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, 2 x 50 ml
- Guerlain Terracotta, Sun in the city golden glimmer powder
- Lancôme Bi-Facil non-oily instant cleanser, 2 x 125 ml
- Chanel brow powder in 20 Brun
- Chanel nail polish in June
- Dior nail polish in Or Divin
- Guerlain Météorites compact in 02
- Chanel N°5 EAU PREMIÈRE limited edition purse spray, 3 x 20 ml
- Bleu de Chanel perfume,100 ml
- Chanel N°5 eau de parfum refillable spray
Just left the U.S. (tears) and now back to my second home in the Middle East (I’ve missed my couch and my friends). Stopped over in London for 3 hours, so…as I always do, I did my cardio. I highly recommend/justify Duty-Free shopping for beauty products for the following reasons:
- The prices are 5-20% off retail and tax-free. My friend who’s a flight attendant for Emirates told me that the stuff in the in-flight shopping catalogue is about $2-10 less than the Duty-Free shops at the airport.
- They always have travel exclusives (paid $75 for a Narciso Rodriguez perfume and lotion 100 ml set, not in the photo because I gifted it to a friend).
- Almost no queues because people are
too busytoo lost finding their gates.
- In my recent travels, I figured that if you are on your way to your last destination you can actually get away with more liquids (I’ve done more than 300 ml one time and didn’t get any scolding), as long as you keep it sealed in the Duty-Free shopping bag (e.g. If you are buying 3 perfumes, 100 ml each, bag it individually and put it in your carry-on) If they say something, plead ignorance and flash your most disarming smile.
- I’ve scored most of my coveted, always out-of-stock, limited editions at airports. (e.g. Chanel nail polish in Graphite, went to 3 countries, still no luck but finally found it in Qatar airport)
- The sales associates, in my experience, are nicer and prettier, with varying accents. That’s what I call global consumerism at its best !
Last note: How divine is this powder?! It looks like a gold woven fabric up close. I had to take a photo before I ruin it. I think it’s a limited edition and I’m very excited to use it. I’ll keep you guys updated.
Happy Shopping! xx