Travel: tough it out with Rimowa.
As much as I would love to lug around LV and Goyard trunks, I’m a practical traveler and not Kimora Lee- Simmons. It just doesn’t work like that in real life unless you have your own private jet. After years of traveling, $$$ spent on so-so luggage and flat-out physical pain, I think I have learned my lesson :
Trust the Germans to come up with (most definitely) the toughest, most practical luggage in the market.
- The lightness. I have the Salsa Air Cabin Multiwheel IATA 52 and it weighs 2.4 KG. My check-in bag is The Salsa Air Multiwheel 73 and it only weighs 3.2 KG. Doesn’t it make more sense that your bag is lighter than its contents?
- Handling. The 4 wheels, ergonomic handles and the recessed combination lock are just plain genius. No pushing and sweat involved, it simply glides.
- Bulletproof. The polycarbonate material is the same material they use for aircraft panels. Nuff said.
- And it’s pretty.
- It’s not cheap, but worth the investment. Think of all the $60 travel bags you have laying around with a missing wheel. Paying 3 times for something cheaply made is much more expensive.
- No external pockets, although I still don’t know why I’m even concerned about that.
I appreciate the practicality of the two compartments inside the bag. It makes packing and unpacking relatively painless for highly disorganized people like myself. The see-thru mesh makes finding things easier.
Everything, neatly zipped in.
German technology meets the overpacker.
I don’t think I hate traveling as much anymore.
Check this for more product details RIMOWA Since 1898.
Happy travels! xx